PREPARE at least 40 BACKPACKS to be taken to a regional distribution center on NOV 2nd. Each zippered backpack will include:
1) Small items of NEW clothing such as winter hats, gloves, socks, and underwear.
2) Small pop-top canned food such as ravioli, tuna, beef stew, vegetables, fruit.
3) At least one NEW, age appropriate non-breakable toy (no toy weapons, please!), including small cars, balls, dolls, small stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump rope, sidewalk chalk, card games, Legos, etc.
For oldest age group (15-17) substitute an appropriate item instead of a toy, such as, a flashlight, small thermos, light blanket, books, hunting and fishing magazines for the boys; jewelry, books, skin care products, hair accessories for the girls.
4) Hygiene items including toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, washcloth, brush or comb, shampoo, deodorant (contained in gallon size Ziploc bag).
5) A children’s Bible or youth Bible.
6) Fresh, wrapped candy (no chocolate please, as it may melt).
7) A copy of “The Christmas Story”.
How you can help:
- Contribute money. We will need around $500 to purchase the backpacks and Bibles (checks made out to HillSong Church, with ‘Appalachian Outreach’ in memo line) or you can donate online.
- Contribute a few or several of the other items listed above. The backpacks will be separated into three age groups: 6-7, 8-10 or 11-15. Please keep this in mind when donating toys and clothes.
- Help sort items and put together the backpacks .
- Help deliver the backpacks to a regional distribution center by Nov. 2rd.