Join us for Family Mission Day on Saturday, October 28, to pack the backpacks.
We are collecting items to fill backpacks for the children of Appalachia. Please consider bringing a portion of what’s needed for our goal of 30 backpacks. Start bringing in the designated items by the dates below:
- Oct 8 – School Supplies and Fresh Wrapped Candy
- Oct 15 – Toiletries and Pop-Top Canned Goods
Oct 22 – Toys and Small Articles of Clothing
PREPARE at least 30 BACKPACKS to be taken to a regional distribution center on NOV 4th. Each zippered backpack will include:
1) School supplies such as crayons, notebook paper, pencils, pens, composition books, folders, erasers and rulers
2) Small items of NEW clothing such as winter hats, gloves, socks, underwear
3) Small pop-top canned food such as ravioli, tuna, beef stew, vegetables, fruit
4) At least one NEW, age appropriate non-breakable toy (no toy weapons, please!)
5) Hygiene items including toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, washcloth, brush or comb, shampoo, deodorant (contained in gallon size Ziploc bag)
6) A children’s Bible or youth Bible
7) Fresh, wrapped candy (no chocolate please, as it may melt)
How you can help:
- Contribute money. We will need around $500 to purchase the backpacks and Bibles (checks made out to HillSong Church, with ‘Appalachian Outreach’ in memo line) or you can donate online.
- Contribute a few or several of the other items listed above. The backpacks will be separated into three age groups: 3-5y, 6-9y or 10-14y. Please keep this in mind when donating toys and clothes.
- Help sort items and put together the backpacks on the Oct. 28th Family Missions Day.
- Help deliver the backpacks to a regional distribution center by Nov. 4th.